Sunday, July 1, 2012

A note on the stupidest utility company ever

The lastest in a long line of moving-related hassles is that the electric company in my soon-to-be-state is, well, not so helpful: they require you to go into their office to show ID before they will set up service at your new address. Now, if I currently lived in that state, this wouldn't really be much of a problem. But since I do not, this is a GIANT F&*#ING HASSLE. I either will have no electricity when I move in and have to pay to stay in a hotel, or I have to drive 2.5 hours to the nearest office to show them my ID (because there is a lot of utility-related fraud?) then drive 2.5 hours home. Before my last move I was able to set up all my utilities from 3000 miles away (and in a different country no less) so that I had water and electricity when I moved in. One place required notarized copies, but paying the notary at the UPS store $5 is much less of a hassle than spending 5 hours in my car just to show ID in person. SCE&G, you suck.

No comments: